Standardist 2.0 requirements
- revit full 2018.2 and included dynamo 18.104.22.1680
- dynamo code packages installed : Bumblebee 2017.13.2 / Clockwork 1.31.1 / Archi-lab.net 2018.0.8/ Steamnodes 1.2.4/ Rhythm 2018.1.17/ Dialog 0.0.2
- keynote manager plugin (easier to modify keynotes with it)
- excel 2010/ 2016
What’s in Standardist 2.0
Download files here : SSD-2.0
- revit Standardist MODEL file
- revit Standardist LIBRARY file
- excel Standardist DOCUMENT file to sort the data and make it a proper finished specifications or estimates book
- dynamo Standardist CORE file to update measurement calculations and keynote data
- dynamo Standardist TRANSFER file to exchange data between standardist library and excel files
- dynamo Standardist ITEM TYPE file to batch change the type of elements in the Standardist library
- dynamo Standardist REGEN file to regenerate revit after using the other dynamo files.
Changes from previous version (1.1)
IN REVIT FILE
- SDD library now independent from revit project / main model linked to the library
- no more parameter implementation settings in the model file. All specific parameters are now set in the Standardist Library file.
- grid and layout set for complex hierarchy keynote list
- simpler way to chose quantity type
- new schedules to check all data and calculate project price
- quantities calculated according to phases
- select root of keynotes transfer
IN DYNAMO FILE
- first CORE file implements calculated data and keynote names into item parameters
- second TRANSFER file brings all relevant data to excel file and vice versa
- stairs steps count now included in quantities
- basic MEP elements support ( ducts, conduits, pipes, cable trays and plumbing fixtures)
IN EXCEL FILE
- layout adaptation for longer keynote descriptions and wider hierarchy
- now work with “,” or “;” xlListSeparator setting
- style adaptation for 6-item keynote hierarchy
Warnings with Standardist 2.0
- once one dynamo file has run with CORE or TRANSFER, revit gets slow. you can play the “REGEN” dynamo file to regenerate revit ( it is a blanc dynamo file)
- regular families work with Standardist and also most of the specific types of elements that relate to parameters and quantities in a specific way :
> layer composed elements : walls/roofs/floors/pads
> profile elements : gutters/fascias/railings/soffits/sweeps
> surfacic elements : windows/ doors
> multi items surfacic elements : curtain walls
- some types of families elements are not yet included or tested : structural, systems ( just basics) or sites elements : not much tested here for now
- you can’t create new elements or rows in the excel, only from revit. you can just change some parameters in excel ( cover page contents, items descriptions , quantity type, quantity, price, and manual quantity) and push them back to revit. rows/columns concerned are depicted with thick vertical/horizontal lines in the excel file.
- don’t change the Standardist family names or the shared parameter types/names or it won’t work. if you want to do so change it in the dynamo file.
1 – open the Standardist Library and link your revit model to it
2 – set your keynote list according to your building specifications standards. the “keynote manager” plugin is a good tool to set the list, update or check the keynote related to objects
3 – create the library corresponding to your keynote list (set only hierarchy and keynote number).
4 – run the dynamo Standardist CORE file. It will rename all the elements according to the keynote list.
5 – in your revit model, give each object you want counted the corresponding keynote.
6 – in the Standardist Library, in type parameter of each element set SDD_Type :
0 – WHITE: UNUSED ELEMENTS
1 – GREY / AUTONOMOUS : for Sections and folders
2 – BLUE / LINEAR : for fascias, gutters, railings, fascia, weeps, soffits
3 – GREEN / SURFACES: for windows, doors and curtains walls
4 – ORANGE / VOLUMES : for walls, floors, roofs and pads
5 – PINK / ITEMS : for furniture, stairs or generic objects
7 – Set the basic infos and settings of the “Info Library” element ( 3D title) in its type settings. Set the phases you want to take in account in the field inline separated by “+”
8 – run the dynamo Standardist CORE file again. It will rename all the elements according to the keynote list but also will calculate the different measurements of revit objects in the model. you can go to the quantities data schedule to implement the prices and check the quantities. it will calculate the total price of the project.
9 – in the dynamo file Standardist TRANSFER , set those elements :
library to excel or excel to library
> excel file path
> name of the tab where to export / import
> root keynote for the export ( if blank it will take in account all keynotes in the SDD library)
you can change that by opening the dynamo file and change the settings in the purple groups.
you can also change it directly through the dynamo player but it will only be changed once and will get back to default at next opening.
then play the dynamo file.
10 – the excel file will open. allow macros, type ctrl + R to update the layout (takes a while). Then select the type of output you want in the list at the top left cell ( whether a description or estimates document etc…) and type ctrl + U to update the hidden/shown rows according to you need. Before printing, type ctrl + R again to set the page breaks and print area properly
11 – to push back updated data from excel to revit, make sure you haven’t changed the keynotes list since your last export. save and close your excel file, then play the Standardist dynamo core file with the switch “excel to library” pushed.